Today I woke up early and using a recipe from Martha's Everyday Food mag, made Blackberry Scones! (the recipe is for raspberry, but that's an easy substitute)
The scones are part of one of my new goals for 2011, but I haven't got all that sorted yet. For now, they will just be a bonus delicious.
Next time I make them I'm going to make sure to preheat the oven all the way (I burned the bottoms because I put them in while the oven was still warming up to 400 deg) and let the food processor stay on its shelf.
The texture is very light, totally different than what I expect from a scone since I'm used to coffee shop triangle wedges of heavy delicious. "They're like a biscuit" I said to Ian. "Well, yeah! I don't understand why people don't realize that. . . it's the same recipe (mostly)"
You'll see at least three more batches of scones from me this year. I want to put them in my repertoire which means being able to make and bake them without a recipe.
No comments:
Post a Comment