Bonus Delicious -- B L T

Part of the reason we put bacon in the potato soup (beyond the fact that bacon makes everything taste more delicious) is because David was hankering for a BLT. So we bought bacon, and used three slices in the soup, some slices went to David's BLT which left four slices for Ian and I to have BLTs the next day.



I asked Ian, my resident cook expert, for a mini-course on cooking the pig. He said to put the bacon in the pan. Turn the pan on high until the bacon starts to sizzle, then find the magic balance of heat when the bacon is still sizzling, yet not smoking. And very important, flip the bacon every minute. "How do I know when it's done?" "when it looks done!" "But when is that?" "It happens kind of all at once, but I know if I just leave you to it, you'll know when that is" So he went outside to smoke a cigarette and I bit my lip hoping he was right.

yum. I got the bacon just how he likes it, crispy and chewy.

No comments:

Post a Comment