Bonus crafty -- mom's mini quilt no. 2

My mom and I had several crafty projects in mind when we planned their trip to Portland. One of them was for mom to make a mini quilt like the one I made a few weeks ago. (A funny aside, even though she is one of my few frequent followers on this blog, she missed the part about my giving the quilt to her, so it was a pleasant surprise when I reminded her she'd get to take it home)

In like fashion, we decided to make hers for her mom (my abuela in mexico!). We used two more photos from our trip to Mexico years ago. It took some figuring and adding to figure out how to fit the two photos (the original design calls for just one). The quilt in general is a nice grid and with some scrap grid paper we got it all worked out.

This part reminds us of the song bird in my grandparent's courtyard.
Benefiting from my experience, we made sure mom quilted the design on top before we put on the trim.
The quilt hanging. We used materials I already had around. Now this lovely wall decoration just has to make it to Mexico.


l to r back row: graciela dominguez underwood, mariano contreras front row: Tio Cuco, abuela dominguez, rachel.db, abuelo dominguez

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I am so inspired to sew. I just need to clean my sewing room now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! I have loved every time someone lets me know a post has been inspiring!
    For me keeping the studio clean is an ongoing challenge! We made good headway with my mom in town, and now I just need to put on finishing touches of organization.

    ReplyDelete