Originally posted March 6, 2010
Look What I Made: Fabric Bunting
(if you were in a CSI type t.v. show you'd be able to magically zoom in and 'enhance' (even though the photo is only 800 pixels wide) sector c5 to reveal the reflection of the photographer to catch the errant fabric bunt maker!)
I've been wanting to make a festive fabric bunting for months! The trouble was picking out a selection of delightful and coordinating fabrics. Then I unearthed the Moda: Neptune (by tula pink) Sampler that Ian's step-mom bought me when they were visiting last year. A perfect symphony of 32 coordinating fabric squares.
An occasion fit for accomplishing two goals! One: figure out a use for the sample pack and two: make a festive fabric bunting. And it means I can cross of goal 49- make something oh sure, that may seem conveniently vague yet the subtext of that goal was "Make something to enrich your surroundings, that you've been meaning to make but have found reasons to put off for a long time."
So I got to work with folding, tracing, sewing, trimming, flipping, ironing, training, and hanging.



That's four of my 100 goals accomplished! goal 49, goal 50, goal 91 and goal 102
No comments:
Post a Comment