When Ian was little and parts of family lived far away, his family would get together once in between major holidays and combine the celebration. Often this would be between Thanksgiving and Christmas so Thanksmas perhaps, Christmas presents with thanksgiving dinner (sounds awesome). When Ian was little he really liked wearing capes, even when it wasn't Halloween. (and really, why not, capes are so great)
This year Ian and my's visit to Dayton fell between Halloween and Thanksgiving. Combining the two results is Thanks-o-ween, a great big lunch/dinner with costumes. The costume theme, CAPES!
 |
| The first people in line for the food. Lots of delicious fare. Left to right: Travis, Rachel, Becky |
 |
| Capes made from curtains, old skirts, jackets, uncut fabric, even table runners. There was some serious creativity going on. |
 |
| A lot of people took their capes off for the eating festivities. Clockwise starting on left: Matt, Gail, Rick, Georgia, Clarice, Becky, Maria. Not pictured, yet present: Travis, Rachel, Ian, Dave |
 |
| Maria and me looking at Georgia's scrapbook of old pictures. (Judging by the smile there was probably a toddler photo of Ian on this page) |
Today was the first day that I remember wearing a cape, it was awesome. I may incorporate capes into my everyday Bike Cozy studio attire. I felt some extra powers tingling.
Also on this trip I may have finished out my list of firsts: played corn hole for the first time, had my first bloody maria (I'm not big into vodka, this is the tequila version), and tomorrow I'll be having a bonzo for the first time. Hopefully no more than 1/4 of a bonzo (deep fried calzone).
I'm excited to share some of these 'firsties' with you!
ReplyDeleteRachel, I so enjoy these blogs... you make me smile! Your creativity abounds. Tell Ian that I love capes too...anyways, hoping the rest of your east coast/southern adventure is fun!
ReplyDelete